Were any of your New Year’s resolutions about being greener? Or have you been trying to generally be better to the earth? While we can’t help you churn your compost bin, we can help you with the following tips to make your trip to Growing Up a more earth-friendly event:
- Take the MBTA. We are a stone’s throw from Bus #73. If you live close enough, walk, stroll, or bike on over.
- If the above modes of transport aren’t an option, ride with a friend who wants to shop or consign at the store.
- Bring your own shopping bag. We like the inexpensive UnWrapped bags made in Lowell and sold in some Whole Foods. Or don’t use any bag — carry your goods in/out in your hands or the storage part of a stroller.
- Print out coupons or directions using Print Friendly.
- Keep a list of things you want to buy on the back of an old envelope — or online using a site like Evernote (which has mobile capabilities).
- Reduce “stuff” in your house by participating in our child and travel gear rental program.
Are there other ways you shop green at Growing Up? Anything else we should add to this list?